Small Bites is a recurring round-up of news and notes from other media, both traditional and social. Click on the links within each item for more info. (We love tips, by the way. Send them here.)
- Country Views magazine takes a peek inside Barber’s Farm’s new distillery, 1857 Spirits, which expects to bottle its first potato vodka in Middleburgh any minute now.
- Civil Eats takes an in-depth look at New York State’s growing hops industry.
- Upstate Dispatch sits in on the first honey harvest at Fleischmann’s Chasing Honey Farm.
- Got apples? The Hubbell Family Farm in Margaretville will be happy to press them into cider for you for a mere $6/bushel. A minimum of five bushels and an appointment are required. Details on the farm’s Facebook page.
- Fresh off a Wall Street Journal video, Delaware County’s Handsome Brook Farm is featured in mens’ guide The Manual, including a favorite flan recipe.