Small Bites is a recurring feature that includes a round-up of news and notes from other media, both traditional and social. Click on the links within each item for more info. (We love tips, by the way. Send them here.)
- The Wall Street Journal spoke to Ken Migliorelli about his farm’s NYC customer base, and the future of farmland preservation in the Catskills and Hudson Valley.
- Also in the WSJ: Handsome Brook Farm’s Betsy Babcock helps decode egg box terms like “cage-free” and “free-range.”
- Jerk chicken, oxtails and Jamaican beef patties with coconut bread have arrived in Sullivan County: check out Liberty Caribbean Soulfood, which opened this month on Main Street.
- InStyle Magazine recommends New Yorkers exhausted by Fashion Week take a breather in the Catskills and eat at Mama’s Boy Burgers in Tannersville: “No wonder this is the go-to getaway for artsy Brooklynites—and adventure types, and foodies, and pretty much anyone who appreciates beauty and nature.”
- Vice Media’s Munchies blog goes foraging across the urban landscape with Delhi’s Wayside Cider.