Happy New Year, Catskills! Now that we’ve flipped the calendar pages, it’s time to save the dates for some signature events showcasing Catskills food, drink and farms. Here’s a look at a few shindigs we’ve penciled in as Catskill Eats must-do’s in 2016. (Click on the titles for links to more info.)
Got an event you’d like to share? As always, tips are welcome.
- Winter Hoot: Friday through Sunday, Jan. 29-31, The Ashokan Center, Olivebridge.
- Uptown Boogaloo Craft Beer Festival: Saturday, Jan. 30, BSP Kingston.
- Hanford Mills Museum Ice Harvest Festival: Saturday, Feb. 6, East Meredith.
- Maple Weekend(s): Saturday & Sunday, March 19 & 20 and April 2 & 3. Various locations throughout the Catskills.
- TAP-New York Craft Beer and Fine Food Festival: Saturday & Sunday, April 23 & 24, Hunter Mountain, Hunter.
- Hudson Valley Food Trucks Festival: Every third Thursday of the month, beginning May 19 and running through Oct. 20, Cantine Field, Saugerties.
- Craft Brew Boogaloo: Saturday, May 21, Cantine Field, Saugerties.
- Schoharie County Family Farm Day: Saturday, Aug. 13, various locations throughout the county.
- The Bagel Festival: Sunday, Aug. 14, downtown Monticello.
- Bovina Open Barn and Studio Tour: Saturday, Aug. 20, various locations in Bovina. (Read coverage of the 2015 tour here.)
- Summer Hoot: Friday through Sunday, Aug. 26-28, The Ashokan Center, Olivebridge.
- The Great Catskill Mountain BBQ Fest: Saturday, Aug. 27, Fleischmanns.
- Bethel Woods Harvest Festival: Every weekend throughout September, Bethel Woods Center for the Arts, Bethel.
- Sharon Springs Harvest Festival: Saturday & Sunday, Sept. 17 &18, various locations in Sharon Springs.
- Hudson Valley Garlic Festival: Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 1 & 2, Washington Avenue Extension, Saugerties.
- Narrowsburg Honey Bee Festival: Saturday, Oct. 8, Narrowsburg.
- Taste of the Catskills: Saturday & Sunday, Oct. 8 & 9, Maple Shade Farm, Delhi.