There’s one more month of summer before Labor Day, so take advantage of the chance to get out and about to local events. These are our picks for the week. Got a tip about an upcoming event? Drop us a line.
- Country Western BBQ at Nussy’s Bier Garten: Friday, July 31, 6 to 9 p.m., 57 Ravine Drive, Round Top. If you haven’t experienced the rowdy, old-fashioned Bavarian-style fun that can be found in various establishments in and around the Greene County hamlet of Round Top, get to Nussy’s Bier Garten at Riedlbauer’s Resort on a Friday night for all-you-can-eat barbecue, a great selection of German beers and music by the Roving Cowboys. The buffet is $15/person from 6 to 8 p.m.; the music continues until 9 p.m.
- Paul Green Rock Academy Day: Saturday, Aug. 1, 2 to 7 p.m., 1293 Route 212, Saugerties. The music school near Woodstock hosts a community day of food, bands and games. The Women Empowering Women project will put on a pop-up shop of handcrafted clothing, jewelry and other wares. The musical performances include Woodstock’s own Simi Stone. Among the food offerings: ramen from My Lucky Noodles, sweets from Krause’s Chocolates and bacon-wrapped hotdogs and other delights from Fat Boyz Tacos.
- Royal Meadery at Roxbury Wine and Spirits: Saturday, Aug. 1, 3 to 5 p.m., 53484 Route 30, Roxbury. Aug. 1 is National Mead Day, and Schoharie County’s new meadery is celebrating with a tasting of its three varieties of the ancient beverage, which is made by fermenting honey with water and yeast. The Richmondville business, which opened its tasting room last month, is also part of the Schoharie Beverage Trail, which officially kicks off Aug. 1 as well.
- Emerson Resort & Spa Car Show: Sunday, Aug. 2, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., 5340 Route 28, Phoenicia. The car show, which benefits the Heart of the Catskills Humane Society animal shelter, features food and beer from the resort’s restaurants, as well as a variety of visiting artisan food producers: Phoenicia Honey Co., Bebert’s Moroccan Condiments from Big Indian and specialty olive oils.
- Pasta Night at Hamden Inn: Wednesday, Aug. 5, 5 to 9 p.m., 35796 Route 10, Hamden. Enjoy an all-you-can eat feast of salad, pasta and the ever-popular “crocodile bread” at the inn, with farm-fresh ingredients from Lucky Dog Organic. Adult meals are $9.95/person, kids 4 to 10 are $5 and kids 3 and under eat free. This event happens the first Wednesday of each month, seasonally; the next two are Sept. 2 and Oct. 7.
Want more Catskill Eats? Please join us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for breaking news and more photos. Got a tip to offer? Drop us a line here.