It’s high summer in the mountains, which means that local food and drinks are easy to find in a wide variety of fun settings. Here are a few of our picks for the next seven days. Got a tip about upcoming events? Send us an email.
- Tap Takeover at Brew: Friday, July 24, 6 to 9 p.m., 280 Rock Hill Drive, Rock Hill. Roscoe Beer Co. commands the taps at Rock Hill coffee and craft beer shop, Brew, bringing three of its Trout Town beers: light-bodied citrus American Amber Ale, rich Rainbow Red Ale and robust Brown Ale. Live music by JB Bones, a semi-acoustic duo.
- Callicoon Country Fair: Saturday, July 25, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., downtown Callicoon. Food, music, art and antiques vendors fill the streets of the hamlet for a new summer festival. Vendors include the Callicoon Brewing Co., Bethel’s Catskill Distilling Co. and Shrewd Fox Brewery, a new microbrewery in Eldred.
- Claryville Event Center Kickoff: Saturday, July 25, 2 p.m., 1471 Denning Road, Claryville. The Claryville Center christens its new weddings and event venue with a public party featuring food, drinks and music. For more details, read our story.
- Phoenicia Flea: Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. (rain or shine) at Spruceton Inn, 2080 Spruceton Road, West Kill. Born at The Graham & Co. hotel in Phoenicia last summer, the Flea now flits around, popping up monthly at various Catskill locations. Billed as “the very best in handcrafted food, drink, confection, jewelry, apparel, accessories, apothecary, housewares, furnishings and vintage from the Catskills, Hudson Valley and beyond,” the market has built a reputation for quality goods and goodies, even garnering a shout-out in The New York Times this week. This weekend’s local food vendors include the Phoenicia Honey Co., Kingston Wine Co. and Black-Eyed Suzie’s Upstate.
- Heather Ridge Farm Supper Club: Saturday, July 25 and Sunday, July 26, 7 p.m., 989 Broome Center Road, Preston Hollow. If you’ve never taken a field trip to the Bees Knees Cafe at Heather Ridge Farm, this dinner event is the perfect excuse to do so. Chef Rob Handel prepares a five-course dinner of farmed and foraged foods for $75/person. Reservations required; call 518-239-6234.
- Opera Cocktails: Wednesday, July 29 through Sunday, Aug. 2, various locations. The Phoenicia International Festival of the Voice is happening this week, and six local restaurants have concocted seven special libations to celebrate. Stoli vodka, lime, cane sugar, local mint and sparkling wine make up the “West Side Stoli” at Tavern 214, while the Catskill Rose offers the “Hello Dolly”: espresso, Frangelico and Baileys, with whipped coconut milk and chocolate syrup.