Small Bites is a recurring feature that includes a round-up of news and notes from other media sources. (We love tips, by the way! Send them here.)
- Wayside Cider, Delhi’s newest cidery, christened its Andes tasting room Saturday night. A collaboration with Kabinett & Kammer, the new spot is called The Annex. In addition to featuring Wayside’s delicious apple-based drinks in bottles and K&K’s curiosities, it’s also part farmers’ market, offering goodies from Phoenicia Honey Co. and Star Route Farm.
- Sad news out of Arkville: The Watershed Post reports that Arkville’s Lazy Crazy Acres will cease production of its locally sourced gelato after five years.
- Glad news out of Arkville: Beloved pizza joint Oakley’s is expanding its kitchen capacity, with the addition of a second wood-fired oven, just delivered from Los Angeles. Stay tuned for new entrees, including seafood specials, says owner Gerard Debari.
- And North offers an illustrated guide to some great summer picnic spots.
- Sap Bush Hollow Farm’s Shannon Hayes announces plans to open a farm store and cafe in West Fulton.